(1) Now everyone knows the news. I think Jim must have let it out.
→ Now everyone knows the news. I think it must have been Jim who has let it out.
(2) We had to stand there to catch the offender.
→ What we had to do was (to) stand there, trying to catch the offender.
(3) If her pronunciation is not better than her teacher’s, it is at least as good as her teacher’s.
→ Her pronunciation is as good as, if not better than, her teacher’s.
(1) As the proverb says, “Where there is a will, there is a way.” Though you fail this time, you needn’t lose heart. As long as you work hard and stick to your dream, you will succeed one day.
(2) There is a proverb goes like this “Life isn’t a bed of roses.” It is ture that it is likely for everyone to meet problems and difficulties in life.
(3) In the modern world, more and more people live alone, which is not so good for our life. It is better for us to make more friends and enjoy friendship. Just as a proverb says, “A near friend is better than a far-dwelling kinsman.”